Does anyone know the range for an average married couple to adopt a toddler from foster care?

DH and I are just starting our journey and I would like to get an idea of how long the process might take.  We are looking to adpot a child or a sibling set set in the toddler age range (1-3). Just looking for length of time from your research or personal experience. THANKS!

LorisBaby

Asked by LorisBaby at 9:33 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Adoption

• My sisters and I were in foster care and they got adopted within a yr. good luck It's easier when you get a child that is long term foster care and no chance going home
    Nataleesmom09

Answer by Nataleesmom09 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I don't know, so here's a bump. =]

-AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• R u looking for an older child? That usually takes a year or less.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• When I started with Foster Adopt, I was told that for a child under 3, the wait could be at least a year, but had a child placed within two months. If you are willing to take a sibling group, it can be faster, as they are harder to place. Foster adopt on older children and minority children can usually be quicker too.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 5:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• We were fortunate enough to adopt our second foster care placement. Two years after we were licensed, we finalized with Monkey. It all depends what route you go and what issues/ages you want/will accept. With our second little one, we did straight adoptions through foster care. According to our worker we had a very short wait of 10 months, much quicker than what she normally sees. Seemed like forever to me! So it all depends. With our second, it was 1.5 yrs until everything was final from licensing to adoptions.
    yo_ho

Answer by yo_ho at 4:07 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Just wanted to say good luck!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2010