7 month old vomitting! help!

So it started Monday at 4:30am. My baby vomitted in her crib woke up screaming. Then she did it again Monday night so we went to the doctors Tuesday and the doctor said she has a stomach virus. Well she then vomitted again Tuesday afternoon and night. Wends was a good day and she kept it all down. She vomitted this morning and again a few hours ago. I called the doctor and she told me if she does it again between now and noon tomorrow I have to bring her to the ER. We have been making sure she gets enough fluid to stay hydrated but she is still throwing it all up. She doesn't have a fever and is acting completely normal. She also has diarrhea. Any advice or has this happened to anyone elses baby?

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not at 7 months. My DD got her first bout of puking after she was 2. It's horrible to watch your child puke at any age. You just feel so helpless. As long as you keep her hydrated, she should be OK. I betcha anything that it will be totally out of her system by tomorrow. Keep an eye on how much she pees. If she is not peeing, or not eating or drinking...she could become severely dehydrated. I'm sure the Dr.'s already explained all that though.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Keep her hydrated.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• call the doctor and ask if you can give her a little bit of sprite to settle it down. ask cuz i'm not sure about 7 months...my son was 11 months when they told me to give it to him....other than that all i can think is pedialyte. GL sorry she's going through this, i hate it when little ones are sick :(
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Caroline is 9 months old and she had some diarrhea all night last night and she spit up a few times, but i think it was something she ate! she is on all table foods so who knows wat it was that made her sick! how often are u giving her fluids? i would give a sip or 2 every 30 min or so and see if she can keep it down! the ER will just give u antibiotics! good luck! hope baby feels better soon!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• honestly if she's hydrated, or no fever, the ER can't do anything but monitor her. they won't even give her antibiotics. if it's a virus, doctors can't do anything about it at all, just tell you to keep her hydrated. it's when she's not peeing, or drinking is when they will stick her with IV's to get fluid in her. other than that, they'll send you right back home, like your doctor did. it's just a waste of a trip and money...i've been there. call the advice nurse and see if there are any home remedies they know about.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• could it be a food allergy to something
    amccrea

Answer by amccrea at 12:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2010