Cant get a sitter.. and hubby and i want to do the black friday shopping together.. would you take your 1yr old w/ you? or is that just mean!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Shopping

• I don't think it would hurt to take a 1 yr old shopping. One of you can always keep her busy or walk away when buying for her if you don't want her to see a gift. Would be easier without her, but not wrong if that's what you have to do. Happy Shopping, I just don't like to shop on Black Friday.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:36 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• no way would i take a 1yr old on black friday...but that's just me. my kids slept through the night and i would hate to wake them up unless there is an absolute reason. but really it's up to you. GL if you go! don't forget to put your running shoes on! :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I am taking my daughter and she is one money's tight and i need to save
    Nataleesmom09

Answer by Nataleesmom09 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I think it's fine. Just put your baby in a nice comfy, warm stroller and enjoy!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I think a lot of people take their kids. No, it's not mean.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• you should take turns. that's what we did last year.
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 10:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I'm not taking my 2 year old or my baby with us tomorrow - too many people in too much of a hurry. My husband's mom is keeping them in the morning, my mom is keeping them in the afternoon and we have a sitter for tomorrow night! (We will be seeing them in between, taking breaks)

Answer by missanc at 10:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Yeah... I think there are tons of people out there...single moms who can't find a sitter but go out and take their kids. I don't think it'd be a big deal... just make sure he/she is nice and warm, and he/she will probably sleep while you're out. Good luck...I hear it's like a circus out there.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• If dad doesn't want to stay home I think it's just fine. Depending on where your going (aka mall) the stroller could prove to be VERY valuable especially if your taking one that has a spot on bottom for bags.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:23 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• we've done the taking turns before, it doesnt work out the greatest cuz the kids ended up not wanting to sit in the car, or if one stayed at home, the other always messed up what we were supposed to get, and it took way too long!! our older children are staying w/ their grandparents.. but the 1 yr old is too young to stay just because she will probably wake up & i dont want his family to have to worry about her!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Nov. 25, 2010