At what point did you truly feel like an adult?

I can pinpoint the exact second. Of course, I knew I was when all three of my kids were born, but I was so young, I really didn't feel like an adult. But, on March 8,2006,at 5:33pm, when I stood, and held my daughter's hand, and watched my baby have a baby, I truly felt "all grown up." It was an incredible moment, and since I'd had three c-sections, and hadn't got to enjoy those first few minutes with my babies, to see Jaycie born, then get to be the first family member to hold her, kiss her, get to carry her to the nursery, I was over the moon. And, as I said, becoming a Grandma really put into perspective that I had grown up! What was your defining moment?

cbk_mom3

Asked by cbk_mom3 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• BEUTIFUL MOMENT
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• It was, and it's still as fresh in my memory as the moment it happened.
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• For me it was when my ds was about 6 months old and I called the pediatrician and asked him fr some advice about .... "my son has a fever...". When I heard those words come out of my mouth it really felt surreal.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:57 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I hear ya on that one feelinyummy!
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• When I asked for a vacuum for Christmas.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• LOL, Orionsgirl. Yeah, that would do it.
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I am an adult???? I dont think i will ever grow up. LOL
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 11:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Aww that's awesome!! I've had 2 c-sections so I'll never experience all that, I did experience water breakage and a LITTLE labor since my 2nd dd decided to come earlier than expected lol. But I still don't feel like an adult and I'm 24! I felt like such a big kid last Thursday at the Disney Princesses on Ice! I LOVED IT!!! lol
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Ummm....yeah like Orionsgirl, last year I asked for a really expensive skillet and stockpot for Christmas last year.........I even said to my husband...that's when you know you're old...lol. This year, I'm asking for something much more fun! I do love my skillet and stockpot though and I have used them A LOT in the last year and they really do cook food differently than the regular ones.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I thought it was when I had kids too but it wasn't until I was pregnant with my second daughter and had to decide to have my cat put to sleep after being attacked by dogs. Something about making that decision really made me feel grown up.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:43 AM on Nov. 26, 2010