tension headache

Does a Tension headache have to be constant? Can the pressure come and go throughout the day varying in severity.. or does this sound like something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Health

• I get tension headaches, and yeah, mine are constant. Sometimes I can't get rid of it, even if I calm down. What I do is take some tylenol w/ some water, put a heating pad under my neck, , lay down, and focus on relaxing my face. I take my hands and smooth my fingertips in circles on my forehead and temples. I breath slow, and then ( I know this may sound silly) I try to think of something that makes me happy. That should releave the tension.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:33 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• sounds like headache...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Check out wikipedia. Here's the link:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tension_headache

It does a great job describing the symptoms and there are also links to cluster and migraine headaches.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 1:37 AM on Nov. 30, 2010