Advice please :)

I recently started talking to an old friend and he mentioned wanting to hang out. I'm pregnant and don't know if I should tell him and since we are just friends don't know if it's really necessary. But I'm worried he may be thinking something more and I don't know if I should tell him so he knows just in case but then again I'm not sure if thats what he's thinking and I don't want to tell him and him think that I think he is trying to get me if he's not. Maybe I'm thinking too much into it but I'm not sure if I should say something or not. If I did say something how would I bring it up?

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Um...I feel like that would come up in the "what's new with you" part of the conversation.

Him "Hello"
    You "Hi, how are you?"
    Him " great! How are you?
    You "good, How's life been?"
    Him "Well okay. I'm working here, hanging out here, etc"
    You "Well good. I'm working here, i'm 12 weeks pregnant and that's going good, I've been really into cooking asian food, etc"

This isn't a movie....I'm just not sure why you wouldn't bring it up. If you think it would drive him away, then it's probably not a good idea to get involved anyway. I'm not judging....just my point of view.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:00 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Bring it into the first conversation you have. Anything less is misrepresenting yourself and your integrity, especially if feelings between you develop without him knowing that you're pregnant.

Your pregnancy is nothing to be ashamed of.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:34 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• why not say anything? i would..i'd ask about how was his life going, ask if he had kids and then if he said "no, you?" or yeah, you?" tell him that you're pregnant
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Are you single at this point in time? If he tries to take the relationship farther, then he needs to know. Or try to work it into a conversation...if you talk on a day you have a dr appointment, and he asks how your day was, bring it up. "I just had a doctor appointment today" "Oh, what for?" "Prenatal checkup..."
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 11:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I agree with sunshine. Just keep it casual, when he asks what you've been up to, include that. Just keep it matter of fact. Yes, he may be shocked, but just be open to that, and keep it light hearted. I also agree with her that any guy who wouldn't stick around after hearing that doesn't need to be part of your life at this point, anyway. You're going to have a kid, and that changes things. Period. So people in your life are going to have to get used to that. Hopefully, it will go over smoothly and it won't be a big deal. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:10 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I absolutely agree with sunshine58103, 100%.
    FirstTimeMom224

Answer by FirstTimeMom224 at 2:57 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Just hang out with him and see where it goes. If you are showing he should be able to figure it out on his own and decide how he should proceed. I'm gonna say don't bring it up unless he asks- could get awkward.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 11:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Just for clarification what kind of "friendship" did you have before- anything physical? Or strictly platonic?
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• So do I ... agree with sunshine58103 I mean...
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 12:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• You should just tell him that you're pregnant.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2010