We went around the table and told what were Thankfull for..

It was awesome to hear my college age son tell all that he was thankful for his parents going to the poor house to put him through College.LOL.
Did you do this?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 25, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• No we didn't.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• We never do, thank goodness. I really don't enjoy outward sentimental family moments, especially with extended family. I remember at a work party once for Thanksgiving our boss made us do it. We all said we were thankful for our job of course.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:11 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• No because I know I don't like to be put on the spot to talk in front of people so I did not want my guests to have to either. It may have been different if it was family but it was just friends.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:31 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• My family (which is hubby & I, our sons, my aunt, 2 uncles and our cousins) does this every year. It was nice to hear my 18, 20 and 24yo sons say that they were thankful to have their brothers with them this holiday (the 24yo was in the Army for 5 years and was last home in '04 and the 20yo is currently in the Army) & that they wished their 22yo brother could have been here with us (he's in another state). My 24yo son was also thankful for being alive...after a tour in Iraq and a suicide attempt because of PTSD he knows that he's very fortunate to be here. My 20 and 18yo's both were thankful to have their 24yo brother alive and with us. They also covered the standard "thankful for mom and dad, my friends, my family, my girlfriend for 2 of them, etc" but to know how much they appreciate having their brothers around and how much they miss the one who isn't here really means a lot to me. I love how close my sons are.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• We didn't do this but it is an awesome idea that I am going to steal for necx year!

Answer by older at 8:11 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• *next*

Answer by older at 8:12 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I said, I am happy to not be homeless. Also thanked God for the food we had, because normally we have enough food for an army. This time we didn't because ...well times are rough. I hope every homeless person got a meal. I'm Thankful!!
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 11:25 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• no we didn't do that. good idea though
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 7:26 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• That was so sweet! We do this every year. Some funny, some serious. I said I was thankful to have daughter-in-law home with us. She usually has to work all day on Thanksgiving.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I wanted to, but everything turned out so rushed because my step-father had to work. It was a mess. :(
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:07 AM on Nov. 29, 2010