Back pain a sure sign of labor?

I'm 37 weeks along and just started some back pain today. Problem is I'm 750 miles from home for my grandma's funeral and just can't go into labor yet (I'll be heading home Saturday or Monday at the latest). Did anyone suddenly get back pian and went into labor soon?

Anna-Chubaby

Asked by Anna-Chubaby at 1:41 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Back pain is only a sign of labor if it is a back contraction. If it is coming in waves, time it like you would a contraction. You can also hydrate, lay down on your left side and rest to help alleviate back contractions the same as you would for BH contractions, if it isn't truly labor it should subside. If it is just back pain, a warm compress and some tylenol will help, and so will getting someone to massage the affected area.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:50 AM on Nov. 26, 2010