If a co-worker asults you, discriminates you, and accused you, what would you do?

I wrote the incident up. However this is not the first time she had donemany wrong things to me, and has never been discriminated from the job. However legally can a company even keep a employee for this since it's against policy rules and the law because of a hostile invironment? I live in Washington State. If she is not fired for this after sending in my documentation what do I need to do?

The co-worker discrimnated me by saying " Oh wow, great!!! Didn't know you were here today."In a very rude tone, and disrespectful and then also tried making me do a outing with a client against my written doctors note since I am pregnant, I have some strict restrictions. And then said "Why even work? I said " That is none of your personal concern." Then I said "Why don't you take the client out today since it's also your job and you don't have a dr. note? The co-worker went over to the side of me and "Hacked and coughed in my face while I am pregnant and have a dr.note!!! Isn't this asult? And discrimination by even asking why I a pregnant women is working?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• I had a situation at work where I felt a co worker was harrassing me. I reported him to my regions manager and made it clear if something wasn't done about it I was filing a complaint at the department of labor. I was satisfied with the results. Your situation sound more like harassment call your local department of labor and see if you can file a complaint with them. Good Luck!
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 2:02 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• It's not assult or discrimation, but it is definately harassment. Who did you file a complaint with? Was it the HR department? Go file another report.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Assault is when someone tells you they are going to do something to you that would, could and/or does hurt you. Battery is then that actually touch you whether it is with their body, use and object or even coughing or spitting on you. I would call the police and file charges of Assault and Battery. This person sounds like a wacko and they will probably behave badly in front of the police which will only further document their actions and instability. File a complaint with your labor board also.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• This is not assault and it is not discrimination. It certainly is an unpleasant situation, the coworker was rude to you. You were rude in return. That merely escalated the matter.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• As I said BEFORE in anpther one of your threads on this very subject...it is NOT discrimination nor harassment for one co-worker to say something sarcastic or even rude to another co-worker! And if she said something like "wow, you're here today" what kind of employee have you been that she would even say that to you? Have you taken a lot of time off, are you typically late for work or do you always leave early and takes lots of breaks in between?! I have a feeling you are using your pregnancy as an excuse, and your co-workers are having to pick up your slack, and are not happy with that! YOU actions may very well be creating the hostile work environment, that you are so upset with! Look at YOUR track record and see if you identify situations that YOU could have handled differently!

I speak from experience as a former HR Director and manager of many different people in diverse work environments.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:29 AM on Nov. 28, 2010