Any complaints about your Thanksgiving meal?.......feel free to vent here!

I have quite a few actually! Did not even get to eat turkey this year, huge disappointment!!!! Ever since I met my SO, we have gone to his brother's house for Thanksgiving and for X-mas and his whole fam. gets together there. So, for the last 4 years basically I got to used to having a good big meal. SO's sister-in-law is a phenomenal cook!!! This year they went out of town, so SO's mom cooked and it pretty much sucked ass!!! I managed to at least get the words "dinner was good, thank you" out, but even that was tough as I have a very hard time lying. The stuffing was dry and gross, the green bean casserole did not have enough Durkee onions and the gravy was fake, no sweet-potatoes to speak of and the rolls were over cooked!!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 2:00 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• Actually I had a really great Thanksgiving! I cooked my first turkey EVER and it came out fantastic! We had friends and family over - a total of 12 people and everyone mixed really well and had a great time :)
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:35 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• We had a nice meal at my mom's; my husband went to his mom's last night and ate--he has some massive diarrhea right now. Need I say more? LOL
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 2:10 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I don't DO the MIL's for the holidays. I go to my family. His is terrible, with the exception of his sister..she is amazing and we visit her on Christmas day.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• This was our first year celebrating Thanksgiving, and other than all the dishes that needed to be washed, I really enjoyed the day.
    sineado39

Answer by sineado39 at 2:10 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• We had an amazing meal, I even tried the cranberries (and I hate cranberry sauce, but since it was homemade I gave it a shot). The only thing I missed was cornbread dressing, they served the normal kind, and while it was good I missed the cornbread one that my family always does. It's usually my favorite part of the meal.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:13 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• our dinner was pretty good. but....we sspent the day with his family because his mom just got out of the hospital, so i was planning to see my family tomorrow, but everyone is busy, so im gonna have to wait until next week when everyone is free, so im sorta sad.
    kmjsmommy12345

Answer by kmjsmommy12345 at 2:21 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Just that hubby and I forgot to take a can of cranberry sauce :( We're the only ones who like it and we've had it since we got together, but this year we forgot. it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:47 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Just that MILs gravy was VERY greasy lol
    FirstTimeMom224

Answer by FirstTimeMom224 at 4:09 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• we dont have thanksgiving in the uk
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:27 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I made the Turkey and all the trimmings myself and I know I can do better but everyone was happy with the food and today my college kid is coming home and she will be very happy to finally have some home cooking.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 8:26 AM on Nov. 26, 2010