I have a 10 month old that is starting to replace nursing sessions with sippy cup once a day, not sure how much to give her?

Just looking for a little advice on how much to give her in her sippy because she has never taken a bottle and my boobs aren't gas pumps so I have no idea how much she drinks on average. We tried 4 oz today and she sucked it down in minutes but didn't seem interested in more, but also didn't have the same "satisfied" behavior as she does with nursing. Any tips on how to figure out this whole weening process?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 2:03 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would experiment with different amounts and see what seems to fill her up. I usually give my 10 m.o. 3 or 4 ounces.
    natalya930

Answer by natalya930 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• thats very interesting. I normally do what the dr suggests and if they want more give another 1-2 oz.i think that it is hard transitioning from nursing to sippy.
    natalieumphrey

Answer by natalieumphrey at 2:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• She isn't as satisfied with the sippy cup because nursing is more than just milk. It also satisfies the comfort of sucking that all babies need and seek from the breast.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 6:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2010