Would you date/marry someone of a different faith than you?

sineado39

Asked by sineado39 at 2:04 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Absolutely not.. the bible speaks against it.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:07 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• naw I doubt it. I want to raise my kids christian and it would mean A LOT to me to be able to share my faith with my partner. It's actually a big turn on for me if a guy is strong in his Christian faith. I just don't think it would happen that way for me (for him to have a different faith)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 2:20 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Yes I would and I did.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 2:21 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Well my husband was a christian when i first married him, then after our second year of marriage he became a wiccan.
    Though I am against it, I still love him dearly, and refuse to end our marriage over it.
    ShamrockAnn

Answer by ShamrockAnn at 2:52 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• This is my opinion and PLEASE don't take offense, I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful... To me "religion" itself is NOT what makes a person right for you.... It is how you are raised, and yes while parents of the same religion are able to agree on many aspects regarding how to raise their family and what to teach them regarding religion that does not make a husband and wife team of different back grounds any less likely to do the same. My husband was atheist when I met him, but he asked me questions about my faith and I answered. He is now a member of my faith but we are taking it slow because the transition from atheism to faith can be a grueling one. To those of you who choose to marry inside your religion, you are awesome. For those of you who didn't or chose not too, you are just as awesome. Religion does not necessarily make the person. However, upbringing; does.
    FirstTimeMom224

Answer by FirstTimeMom224 at 4:00 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• The only thing I know is that God said for us not to be unequally yoked. There are so many diffrent christian religions out there who knows which one is right I believe that a christian should stay within their belief. as for all other religions I guess you would have to consult you hand book on your specific religion. I know what my handbook the bible says and that good enough for me.
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 4:44 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• already did and everything's been great so far. Its called respect and understanding.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:02 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I honestly don't know because I've never been in that position.  I'm already married to a man with the same beliefs and since we're in it till death do us part, the question is moot.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:49 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Yes and I did.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:23 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Religious preference never came up with the guys I dated except for one (because our date was to church). My husband and I have similar religious beliefs and are confirmed in the same religion/denomination but neither of us really follow any specific religion but he has stood by me while I tried out various religions.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:45 AM on Nov. 26, 2010