anyone ever have a cyst on/in their back?

so for years i've had this small lump under my skin. its like super hard feeling. for the first few years it was blue now theres no color on the skin above it. its definitely under the skin.
its gotten way bigger the last year

has any of you had this type of cyst? what do you know about it? what should I know about it?

any info appriciated, thanks

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 2:13 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Health

• Go to the doctor they will either give you meds or remove it. My DH would get them on his wrist and we would pop them the way the doctor showed us.
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 2:15 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• My mom and my older brother each had a cyst near the spine. I don't believe that it ever would have hurt their spines, but the cysts became large enough to really become tender and painful with the lightest touch. Their cysts were benign and I think in each case, a result of a blocked duct. They had them removed at the recommendation of their MDs (both different). They did not come back after removal.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 2:24 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I currently have one on my neck. It's gotten bigger over the years. I've had it for many years so far. When I first got it, it was blue/purple ish, now it has no color. It doesn't hurt or anything, but like yours, it's definately under the skin. About 10 years ago I had to have it drained. It actually had to be done by a surgeon. Why they didn't just remove the whole pocket is beyond me. It doesn't give me any problems now, except that it's just a lump and I find it ugly. It could carry cancer, it could carry infection. As far as I know, mine doesn't. You might want to go get it checked out for health reasons. Don't try cutting into it yourself, it's nasty and will probably make you puke when you see what comes out of it. Good luck.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:27 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i don't but i would google it.
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:45 PM on Nov. 26, 2010