what are the laws of me and my son shairing a room

Hi I live in wash st. and i am going though a custiy battlle with my x. my qustion is it agast the law for my 3yr old son to shair a room for a short poird of time

mamasmerff

Asked by mamasmerff at 2:16 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i'm from eastern wa and when i talked to SNAP about housing they said if the child is over a year they have to have a seperate room but idk if that was SNAP's policy or wa state law :/ good luck<3
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 2:18 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I think the only law would be that the child has to have his/her own bed. As far as sharing a room, if the father is able to provide him with his own room, own bed and own things (space, etc) and has the income, you might want to watch out. In that case, he will definately have the upper hand in the situation. A child needs his/her own space and own bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would call your local child services and ask, better to know for sure than to find out the hard way you were wrong. At the very least he would need his own sleeping space.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:27 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Uhm...who would know?

Even if you had a room set-upfor him, who'd know when it was just the 2 of you alone, what you guys did or if he ever used it? I guess you could have a room set up for the CPS' sake to physically "see" but they wouldn't know if he actually used it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:19 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Have you thought about just a fold out couch for you in the living room and giving him the bedroom? That would solve the problem. I'm sure it doesn't sound that good. If I had to do it to keep my kids I would in a heartbeat.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:59 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I agree with giving you child the bedroom & you sleeping on the pull out couch. This should meet any requirements, but call your local Child Services and double check. Good Luck to you!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 10:26 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Don't leave it to chance or a Cafemom...call CPS and get a hands down correct answer.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:01 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would call CPS and confirm anything.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I don't believe it's against the law, but I know in Virginia you wouldn't be able to have a foster child if you didn't have a room for them.
    swilliamson

Answer by swilliamson at 7:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i agree, i would call and find out first hand... but i don't see how they would know if you had a place set up for either yourself or him in another room.
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2010