Friends and issues... adult content

I have this one friend who is very VERY intrusive and is it rather annoying. For example.... DH and I had an OB appt this past Tuesday and she txted us asking, "Any news yet on the baby yet?" DH responded with, "No, not yet, not sure what's going on right now." She responded with, "When will you know?" And it's like, come on seriously? I am an incredibly private person, especially now that I am pregnant. I suppose I am already over protective of the surroundings my child will be born into however there are things that a husband and wife need to experience together before the rest of the world should hear about it. Would you agree?

So now this friend is mad at me because I haven't really put forth much of an effort to really talk to her. And I will admit, I have an issue with that. However, I found out somethings that were rather unnerving and I didn't think too keenly on them. Basically she is Bi-sexual and has a crush on me. All I have to say to that is to each their own and all the power to you. I can be friends with anyone regardless of sexual orientation, religion, political standings, what have you. HOWEVER, if you get mad at me for feeling uncomfortable for you telling my husband you want a one night stand with me that is when a line of trust and a certain boundary has been crossed.

She is now accusing me of being afraid to talk to her and all of this garbage. She informed my husband that she and her husband used us as scapegoats in their fight the other night remarking about each one having sex with the other (DH and myself that is) because neither one wanted to have sex with each other. If you use my husband as a pawn in a fight regarding sex, that is where I say no more friendship. Joking, serious or not. I am not a jealous person, however it is both disrespectful and impolite. And I won't have it.

What should I do ladies? Oust this friend or should I let it go? There are several other issues but I don't really want to get into it.

Either way, does anyone agree that it is wrong to use a married couple in your arguments, or to pry into their business without an invitation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds like she thrives on drama and really.....who needs more drama in their life? Life is crazy enough!
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 11:49 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• A true friend does not make you uncomfortable, feel threatened and respects you and your privacy and many other things that I do not see her doing when reading your statement I feel it would be best to break off the friendship. I too have lost friends and honestly not being a jerk but it has done me a lot of good and reduced some of my stress.
    heartsicksiren

Answer by heartsicksiren at 4:40 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Cut her out of your life. Neither you nor your unborn child need the stress.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:58 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• cut her loose. this person has major bounddary issues and sounds pretty unhealthy.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 4:58 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• too much baggage with this gf. Obviously you are not on the same page as her. It will only get worse as you have the baby. Keep your distance, she sounds like a wj.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:06 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Yeahhhh you do not need poisonous people in your life, I was cut ties with her and ask dh to cut ties with them as well.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:37 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• ditch the bitch. Would you want to remain friends with a guy who has made it clear he has a crush on you? Apparently she wants the thumbs-up from your hubby too, it seems. I have plenty o' gay friends and I'm straight as a stick, but would not remain friends with anyone who hits on me knowing Im married. It invites trouble even if you don't take them up on it. I hope you aren't thinking that you must remain friends with her to prove that you're not against her sexuality. There are assholes in every race, color, and sexual orientation.
    cheeseit

Answer by cheeseit at 11:13 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I have had many "friends" I have had to cut ties with due to their lack of self-control and other issues. You don't gain anything from "friends" like this and certainly do NOT need this woman draining your energy right now. True friends are ones that respect you and your family, are there for you during your time of need (including giving you peaceful alone time when needed) not just to gain whatever THEY can from you. Friendship is a two way street - both giving and receiving as needed through life's journey.
    Best of wishes to you and DH and congrats on the new baby!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 7:46 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Let her go and move on
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 8:09 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Absolutely! What you have just described is not a friendship IMO.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 8:54 AM on Nov. 26, 2010