How do you get chocolate sauce stains out of a 100% cotton shirt?

My DH is not so good at putting stain remover on the kids' clothes when he's tossing them in the hamper (and I'm working). On my evening off a few days later, I attack the laundry and notice these brown streaks on my DD's 100% cotton Gymboree shirt. You know these shirts are not cheap and I tried my favorite remover, Zout, to no avail. I've soaked it w/ Oxi-clean and still not a lot of the stain budged. I also tried Tide's stain release, which didn't do much, either. Is there any hope for this shirt? Help! Suggestions, please!

Chocolatespring

Asked by Chocolatespring at 3:01 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Use shout... The trick is HOWEVER, use a sock you are going to throw in with the shirt and rub the stain with it. It has worked for me EVERYTIME I had to get a stain out, whether it set in or not. If that doesn't work, use club soda. I have another laundry trick for you... If ever you get pen ink on an article of clothing, spray it with hairspray, you have to soak it though, rub it vigorously (lol that word is hilarious) and throw it into the laundry. (Cold is best if I remember correctly) If that doesn't work, I would resort to the internet bc I've got nothing else LOL. Happy Thanksgiving.
    FirstTimeMom224

Answer by FirstTimeMom224 at 3:21 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• BTW, Spray and Wash does not work... Shout on the other hand is a power house if you rub the stain out using it.
    FirstTimeMom224

Answer by FirstTimeMom224 at 3:22 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• If the shirts white you could try soaking it in proxcide its safer then bleach and does work well, that how i get my sons white shirts clean, as for colors not to sure, most of my sons cloths are white or dark blues, browns blacks
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:30 AM on Nov. 26, 2010