Stuffing / Dressing ?????

How do you prefer it, whatever you call it? There are sooooo many ways and possible ingredients for this classic dish, what is your fave?

I love a MOIST homemade stuffing (that's what I call it!) with a little onion, more celery and some of those yummy turkey juices mixed in!! Sucks for me that the stuffing I had this year SUCKED!!!! I have always wanted to try a chestnut stuffing though, maybe I will try to make it for x-mas dinner, depends!!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 3:10 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Well, I know where you can go to get a phenomenal recipe for chestnut anything... Go to www.foodnetwork.com Trust me I SWEAR by food network.. Alton Brown is one of the stars that has a recipe for roasting chestnuts, can you imagine ROASTED chestnut stuffing as opposed to regular everyday chestnuts? OH MY WORD how delicious would that be? Here's how I look at it... Stuffing = What was put in the bird... Dressing = What dresses the table... (therefore, the dry stuff LMBO)
    FirstTimeMom224

Answer by FirstTimeMom224 at 4:41 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I make a great roasted chestnut and sage dressing. I love it and so does my family. It is pretty easy, although the hardest part is roasting the chestnuts, if you aren't careful they will explode in the oven. The dressing I make has, carrots, celery, sausage, sour dough bread and heavy cream.

I Love it!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:39 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I make dressing
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Sauteed onions and celery, some broth from where I cooked the giblets, a little turkey base (like bouillon) bread cubes, poultry seasoning. This year it didn't turn out that great. We bought stuffing bread cubes, and it just didn't seem very good.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:47 AM on Nov. 27, 2010