my child crys whenever he goes to the sitter what can I do or tell the sitter to do?

Hes been with her for a while and still kicks and screams every morning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• so does my kid. You get used to it. I'm so paranoid I checked my kid for bruises and anything.... you see so much SHIT about people in charge abusing children ... being a first time parent i stayed home with my kid for nine months living with my mother.. it wasn't fair and i have no money or clothes.... i'm a single parent so my kid is attached. regaurdless of how i keep him socialized with both sides of the family. .. My son cries and screams every morning. after the second week. he babbles and and smiles and is really sweet when i pick him up. just make yourself feel better... check out her house and stay a few extra minutes to see the house when you pick him up.. drop him off in the am too...
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 8:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• btw my sitter is amazing. throw that out there. i stayed home so long i got weird. i am so awkward and uncomfortable in my skin. My sitter takes excellent care of my son though. he's been sick and she was there for us. amazing woman.. and she's got six children she watches. that includes another infant =)

for sure just spend that extra few minutes to check the person out. and if you see something you don't like then take your kid out. don't feel bad about it. you don't think your son is safe take em' out.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 8:53 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I run a daycare and I can tell you that he probably stops within minutes of you leaving! Talk to your provider about it and see if she has any suggestions...she should be comforting him and distracting him at the same time. We always wave to the mommies out the front window and they usually stop crying before mom even pulls out of the driveway..LOL
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 9:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I'm going to take a stab in the dark that its moslty just a show for you. Just take him to the sitter and smile say, I love you, give him a kiss and walk away. Don't fret over him. He needs to see that you feel confidant leaving him. some kids just cry to put on a show.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2008