library?

few days ago i wanted to go to the library i was so excited cause the library i was going to is like giant and i haven't read any books lately and i wanted to borrow a book to study korean i have been wanting to study korean for a long time now (learning languages i my hobby i know Russian French Dutch German Chinese and English so lol) but then yesterday before i left i realised damn babies are not allowed to go in the library.... T_______T

krystina888

Asked by krystina888 at 3:59 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• wow, I have never heard of that before. Our library had story time for all children. Is there a specific time that babies are not allowed or is it all the time. If they don't allow babies in the library, talk with a librarian and see if they can send you the books you want or if they can pull them for you and you can just come in and pick them up at circulation desk.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 6:15 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I've never heard that babies weren't allowed in libraries, and I've been to a lot of them all over the US. Now, I do have to say I have heard of them asking someone who is there with a crying baby or really loud children to leave, as they were disturbing others.

I'm sorry your library has a no baby rule though - I would look into that further, hopefully it's not a policy there and instead it was a misinterpretation of the rules by an employee.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:33 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I cannot even grasp it. I have NEVER heard of something like this. that just doesnt sound right at all.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 6:39 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• That sucks. Why aren't babies alllowed? I mean, if your kid is screaming or crying, leave.. but they shouldn't punish parent's with sleeping babies, etc...
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 4:02 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• HUH? why are babies not allowed? you are asked to take a screaming baby out to the front area to calm the child but I dont understand why they would be flat out not allowed to enter.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 4:39 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• they say that he could bother people who study....
    krystina888

Comment by krystina888 (original poster) at 4:51 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I have never heard of that. Are you sure all babies are not allowed, or was it just that you were asked to leave?
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I haven't heard of that, either. Isn't that discrimination? You aren't allowed to go there if you have a baby with you? So wrong.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 2:37 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• yeah i just went in with my son and they stopped me and said "no babies allowed"...
    krystina888

Comment by krystina888 (original poster) at 3:07 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Babies are allowed in my local library.That sucks ass. Who can stop someone from bringing their baby-- what about story time and such?
    WhitleyLyles

Answer by WhitleyLyles at 11:13 AM on Nov. 27, 2010