Sex scenes in movies; How do they do it?

I was wondering how do they do it? Can't give any specific example. I mean those scenes that are not pornographic, but you can clearly see both actors are naked. He's between her legs, both moving. I know, there's a lot going on around it on the set. Instructions, people need to focus on their lines, but still ... Who can help to get aroused? So how do they do it without really doing it?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 4:34 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Entertainment

• Ive read they wear these 'body stockings', flesh colored. As if THAT's gonna stop a mans..manhood goin up like a flagpole! LOL

While filming, they do have the set noises and the like and are being directed as to where to place their hands, etc....but a full on kiss is something I don't think they can 'fake', and when they DO kiss they may be able to get more into it, blocking everyone out.

But I also read that there was a way they can fake a kiss.....not using their tongues! I'm like WHAT? Forget that! Most times you can see their tongues when they kiss, but to not slide their tongues into each others mouth? That's a crazy thing!

When they show the women, some times they do use body doubles for nude scenes as not all actresses will strip nude. Some don't mind it for the role. Their boobs hanging there over the man, you can't fake it...but then again....it can be HOLLYWOOD MAGIC!

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 5:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I agree with pp about them wearing stuff down below...and I've seen some interviews where they actually ask the actors that and they say it's nearly impossible to actually get aroused because everything is so technical and you've directors yelling in their ears about where to move their heads and hands and everything, they basically say it's not as glamorous or romantic or exciting as it looks with everyone watching and it being so directed....
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 7:44 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• ahh cameras are amazing. most of those scenes at least one of the actors is wearing something down below. but editing and camera angles you can't see that. i am sure many do get aroused and look at hollywood tabloid stories. many stars form relationships with thier leading co-actor from the last movie . LOL
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 4:42 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I heard that they lay a piece of cloth between them so there is no actual contact in the private area. I would imagine that there are ways to be professional about it so that it's not sexually arousing. I agree that all those people around and trying to remember your lines would be enough to stay focused on the job.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:14 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would think that the sexual scene aren't as provocative because of all the people, lights, director, etc. but a full on kiss...now there is no cloth you can put between that.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:59 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i agree wiht the first person good editing and angles make it seem like they are naked
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2010