If you look for a baby name and in the end pick one of the suggestions, do you get back to the person saying: "Hey! our little one was born and I just wanted you to know we named her xxxxx."

I think that would be a nice thing.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 4:37 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Baby Names

• I've never done that, but I think it would be a nice thing to do. I know I would personally love knowing I helped someone in the naming of their child. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I think it would be nice too ! and I think I'd remember....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 5:41 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• That would be very thoughtful!
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 9:39 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• its nice, but I bet they wouldn't care or remember until you reminded them about the question. It is nice, I'm just saying with us all being strangers here, its pretty impersonal and its easy to forget each other or what each other said or asked. Its mostly text on a screen from people we don't even see or know anything about.

Not a snark, just honest. I don't remember most of the stuff I do here unless it really stood out to me for some reason. Once I log off and go back to real life, I forget pretty much everything online. :-) But yes, it would be a nice gesture.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:11 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I forget about most of my answers and questions, too. But CafeMomkeeps them for quiet a while. If somebody wanted to, she look go back and look it up. "Oh yes, it's been her who suggested that name. I'll send her a little note." Kinda thoughtful. If you find the time to do it with a newborn in the house. lol
    BeachMom81

Comment by BeachMom81 (original poster) at 6:02 AM on Nov. 26, 2010