My 10 m.o. baby wakes up at 5 am every morning--too early!

If I nurse her and put her back down, she will "rest" and roll around quietly til about 5:45 or 6, making the occasional noise or yell but mostly quiet. She still seems somewhat tired during the day (and I know I am!) She seems perkier and naps better on those rare days when she falls all the way into a deep sleep and sleeps til 6:30 or 7 am. Should I just accept that this is her pattern for now? or should I let her "cry it out" at 6 am? I can't get her back to sleep consistently after the 5 am nursing.

natalya930

Asked by natalya930 at 6:33 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just accept it for now. Babies are hard work. It's exausting. She'll get on a better schedule one day. For now, just take it.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 6:38 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• they have no clue at that age, they just have basic needs and instincts at that age.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:03 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I know many people have strong feelings about bringing their baby into bed with them but I am naturally a night person so when either of my kids pulled the early morning wake up call - I would change them, feed them and then take them back to bed with me for a cuddle usually the warnth and closeness would put them right out for another hour or two.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 7:11 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I think some children are just wired to be early risers. My son is 4 and he still wakes up at 6am (sometimes it's 5). Just enjoy the earlier start to your day, that's what I do.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:17 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I'd shift my own schedule. 5AM wakeups are rather common into todderlhood and beyond.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:44 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Try and embrace it!!! If she is going to get up to eat at 5 anyway I'd just enjoy her company!! If you feed her and put her back in there and she is quiet just enjoy that, as long as she is not in there screaming I'd say you really don't have any problems!!
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2010