Anyway have really fat babies? What does doctor say and are you worried?

My 5 month old is around 18lbs and I am worried she is unhealthy or I did something wrong. I always said I wanted a fat baby but I am worried she is too fat.

QTMamma01

Asked by QTMamma01 at 8:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Health

• I wouldn't worry!! a baby's birth weight doubles around 6 months of age and triples by 12 months. But remember that each child is different. Your child may be smaller or larger than other children of the same age. As long as your child continues to grow at a regular pace, your doctor will likely assure you that your baby's growth is within the normal range. Most babies nearly triple their birth weight by their first birthday. at 5 month's my son weighed more then 18lbs. Today he is 6 and he looks like all his other classmates in kindergarten, though I know he weighs more then my 8 yr old nephew. But its normal for them!
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 9:28 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• my friends son is 2.5 months old an already weighs 20 lbs!!!!! you are probably okay!
    teamdewitt

Answer by teamdewitt at 9:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2008