Does anyone wear something with the tags on the inside and then bring it back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Shopping

• No, and I think the idea of getting something for a special occasion and then returning it is tacky. In arenad's case I probably would have just kept the bigger pants and then used them later on (I think Boy Scouts keep the same pants for a while, the ones in our area just wear jeans). For my girls, if I could not use them later I would have sold them on eBay or to another scout.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:24 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• No, I never have and I think it's pretty tacky and dishonest, except perhaps in the case like arenad described. I probably still wouldn't have done it in that situation, but I can understand why she did.
    I know someone who does this type of thing quite a bit, and it drives me crazy.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:05 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I never have, but I made my son do it Tuesday. He had an event in scouts he had to do and had to have the scout pants. My husband picked them up on Tuesday and they were way too big. I tucked in the tag, gave him a belt and traded them on Wednesday. That is why I always wash my clothes before I wear them. Even if they are new.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:18 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i have never done it, but i'm sure someone out there does. seen it too many time on tv.
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 7:55 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Not since I was much younger. Now I realize how pissed i would be if I bought that already worn item.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:15 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I have known people to do it and even with earrings but I never could
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 8:59 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i did it when i was younger but then i worked at a clothing store for a while and that really pissed me off cuz we couldnt sell it!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• That's one thing, I truthfully, have never done. If I want something bad enough to buy it, I am keeping it!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:23 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• My sil does it. I saw a a tag sticking out and her mother told her wtf? How embarrassing. She is like 40 something.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2010