What is the best advice to staying out of a marital spat?

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 7:52 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Think, think, think before you finally decide to open your mouth. Make sure whatever you're about to bitch about is really worth it to you.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:19 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Compromise always..

Answer by older at 7:59 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Don't argue...when you feel like you cannot agree then walk away and think about the situation on your own and try to work things out within yourself first and then later when the time is right talk. I have been with my husband for 7 yrs and we have yet to raise our voices at each other
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 7:58 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• sometime I just say have to bite my tongue. which is really hard but i'm getting better at this pick my battles thing. I'm yeah ok I dont want to fight but you can hear in my voice I really got something to say.
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 7:59 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• My biggest piece of advice is not to sweat the small stuff. I know our men can be a little irritating at times, TRUST ME, lol.. but think about if what your getting irritated over is really worth the trouble. If it's something you truly have a problem with and needs to be worked on then talk about it rather than going nuts and making into a big issue.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:35 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• It takes two to argue. Don't participate and there is no argument. SO won't fight for anything. He just walks away. In the beginning that drove me nuts but over time I realized it gives us both a chance to think things out and get on with life

Answer by admckenzie at 9:02 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Ignore the other person completely...just turn and walk away because once you start arguing, no one is listening to anyone anyway so whatever you or the other person says is going to be misunderstood and hurtful anyway.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:32 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• never condescend the other and talk calmly...sometimes it looks better for you in the long run and everyone's points of view are heard and understood.

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:01 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Someone elses marriage or your own?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:52 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Your own?
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 7:54 AM on Nov. 26, 2010