Now that OBAMA has won... what can we expect?

tntornado45

Asked by tntornado45 at 8:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• crisis.... and even more problems... i dont think hes got what it takes
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• He wasn't my candidate, but I don't think the world is going to collapse. Now that it's over, I hope he does a good job. As an American, I still love my country and will support our new president.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:56 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• positive changes!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Well first, politicians on BOTH sides of the fence, promise the people everything and anything they wanted just to get into office. They will even promised the moon and stars if they feel that it would get them into office. So there is going to be HUGE disappointment when the stars and moon aren't handed to the voters as promised. more next post.....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• continue: Second, I greater depression then we have ever known is on the horizon and I don't think ANY president-elect would be able to spearhead that, so it STILL going to get WORST before it gets better, and because Obama is going to be in office at that time, they (the people) will say it's his fault...so I foresee a 1 term president! The ball has already started to run down hill on that one, and it doesn't matter who would be in office they are just going to chase the ball from behind and never catch it; they may put up some road blocks to stop it, but as Obama said last night it is a steep hill. Because it is a steep hill I feel that nothing will be able to stop it!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:59 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Reverse Racisim
    Increased Racial Tension
    Larger National Debt
    Higher Unemployment rate
    Higher Crime Rate
    US Sinking to 3rd World economic status
    Decreased immigration ( no one will be better off here)
    The end of Medicare
    Socialized Medicine and waiting lists for medical proeedures
    Increased Terrorist attacks on US soil
    More home foreclosures
    Failing Housing market
    Increasing Homelessness
    Educational System will fail

And a DIfferent guy for president in 2012 when everyone sees what a HUGE mistake has been made , if not an impeachment before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Anon 9:00 - what are you basing your predicitions on?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• im going with anon 9:00...

but i really hope medicare doesnt get cut....my nana cant afford her meds and is she doesnt get them she will die :(
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• here in maryland we either had to vote yes to slots, or see higher taxes to pay for education...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I don't think anyone can accurately predict what will happen, only express their opinions on what they think will take place. We can only support our new president-elect and hope that he does some of what he has promised. I am worried though, not so much for us as Americans or a country (we can and will get out of this even if it takes a long time). I am worried for Obama and his family since we have some narrow minded people in this country. Who knows what they might try to do to that man. I am also worried that he is inexperienced, but he may suprise us all. In a way I hope he does. I did not vote for Obama but I will support him as our new president until he gives me a reason not to, just like Bush did!
    jillyansmommy

Answer by jillyansmommy at 9:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2008