Is McCain still a senator?

I read that Biden won reelection as senator, but of course now won't be serving. Was McCains senate seat taken by someone else?

MissAlisabeth

Asked by MissAlisabeth at 9:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Hmm...I'm not completely sure, somebody will know...but I'd hope that he still has a job to go back to, yanno? Like won't Sarah Palin still be governer? That would be REALLY crappy of the system to just lay them off or something because their job interview didn't go so well...if you know what I mean.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Yes he is still senator, there WAS NOT senate race last night FOR AZ!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25361630

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Just to add to what I previous posted. Here is a link to what states HAD senate races last night. NOT ALL the states had them. As I mention above AZ was one of the states NOT to have a senate race last night. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23908644

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:09 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• They only re-elect 1/3 of the senate at a time.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 9:09 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Yes Him and Palin both still have there postions because this is the first year no one resigned before running for President and Vice President atleast Mcain will still have a say a Senator
    .
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 9:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Yes mcCain and Palin still have their posotions before running. Remember Kerry? He still is a senator and he is working on a clean energy bill with 20 other people--he claims he is glad he lost teh presidency b/c working on this bill is very rewarding.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2008