black friday scam

For get that i woke up to head to walmart for the 5am to 11am black friday deal i walk in barely any lines barely any redbox black friday deal WTF the store was clean as if no such event ever took i along with others were like lost dogs trying to figure what the heck was going on i asked around GUESS WHAT WALMART IN BUCKHORN PA was selling thier black friday deals since 1AM WTF may i say i walked in the door at exactly 5am my cousin in a different location i asked how did it go for her she was at a walmart at a different location she said this place is packed and wild anyone go threw this

hush84

Asked by hush84 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• Our walmart has done the sale starting at 12:01 since we got a supercenter. It's not really a new thing here, but it's not advertised either.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:10 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would have been pissed. I thought all Walmarts done it at the same time.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:23 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• The WalMart near me was starting their sales at midnight.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:50 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• our walmart started at midnight...it was the electronics that didn't start till 5am
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:06 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• That's not really a scam. At worst, it's a bait and switch. If your local store was starting its deals early, they should have advertised it.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• you know im looking for anything and im hearing the guys there saying on thier cell phone oh yeah my wife was here at 2am she got everything she needed lol im looking at him about to pop him
    hush84

Comment by hush84 (original poster) at 8:31 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• On tv It did say 5 am. Here in maryland. Wal-mart was open on thanksgiving all day.
    The elctronic sale was to start at 5 am.
    I don't shop on black friday. I use to work retail for 10yrs.
    I know how crazy it can get. Good luck to all the brave soul who
    did shop
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:34 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• The ads here show 12am for everything but the electronics. The electronics stuff went on sale at 5am.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• a lot of stuff started at midnight, the big electronics started at 5. some of the stuff you have to stand in a special line for because they only have a few of a certain item (we did it for a laptop last year), people will be in those lines at 2-3 am waiting, and as soon as it is 5 they had the stuff out and you can pay. my wal mart was crazy already at 9-10 last night with people going for the midnight specials, but they could not check out til midnight. at midnight people were already there picking up some of the non-line 5am specials but they had to sit around and wait til 5am to check out.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 11:07 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I did the 12:01 shopping spree. I managed to get everything except the Lego sets I needed. Then one of the ladies here at work asked if I went on line to see if they had them and YEEHAW I got all 3 of them. I'll be getting them sometime next week shipped to me at work. Our paper listed some of the stuff starting at 5:00 and was in green border. The things on sale at 12:01 had a red border around it so it was really clear what time everything was on sale. Didn't have to hit the second sale so I got to go home and sleep for a couple of hours before heading out to the next one. Finally finished around 8:00 and then it's off to work until 5:00. Yeah it's like 4 hours of sleep in 2 days but it's well worth it to me. We have a total of 7 children living in our home with a bunch of grandkids to buy for as well.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:55 AM on Nov. 26, 2010