Implantation dip

I am only 5 dpo and have been charting for 5 months now so have seen a pretty regular pattern with all my signs and symptoms and temps. Today, I noticed something (that could be nothing) but it is different from every other month I have charted; my temp went down to 36 degrees F after being up in the 37-38 degree range since ovulation. I also have some very mild but noticeable cramping in my lower abd. Does this happen if there is an implantation dip?
The temperature in the room is the same, no real stress, I am healthy, slept well and took my temp at 7:00 am like I always do so no noted change that would make it go down.

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 8:32 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• And, it is still another week and a few days before my expected period....Just wondering what your thoughts might be.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 8:36 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I did charting for a while when we were TTC, and some months my charts were right on target, others they bounced all over the place. I had actually stopped charting and trying the month that we got pregnant with our twins so I didn't get a chance to see what my chart did that month. But if you have been doing it for a while and yours have always been right on target every month then this could be very promising for you.. The key is just waiting and watching what the rest of your temps are like until it's time to test. Good luck!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:02 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Thanks! I didn't chart when we got pregnant last spring either so I don't know what my temps were doing then either :( Now, that we have dealt with a m/c and are TTC again, I decided to chart just to try and time our BDing and observe my signs of ovulation so that we can try to get pregnant again.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• It could be an implantation dip, it seems promising. It takes 7-9 days typically for a test to be positive after implantation, so just hang in there. I will wait with you. I am on CD38...normal cycles 28-31 days. Test was negative on CD36 so I promised myself I would wait until Sunday to test again...waiting sucks. Every time I go potty I expect to see blood on the TP, since I usually start spotting 1-3 days before my period actually starts, too...but there's just nothing, and the damn negative tests...lol.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 9:19 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I recieved a faint positive yesterday. Just couldn't wait! And, I took one early this am and another one late this morning. Both are still positive! And, I am now 12DPO so it is possible for sure! I am due for AF on Sunday too so keep telling myself that maybe I am 'not' but with the different symptoms that I have and knowing when I ovulated and the dip at 5 and 6 DPO and increased temps ever since, I don't think the tests are wrong.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2010