I have sooo much leftovers from the fest yesterday. What different things can I make with it all?

Besides making turkey, rice and veggie soup ..... which will also freeze well. As well as turkey noodle casserole, any other ideas? I also have a ton of mashed potatoes. I can make potatoe cakes but don't know what else. There were 5 relatives who didn't come due to the flu, and they were my big big eaters LOL Any ideas would be appreciated!

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 8:53 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It's to late now but this is what I did last Thanksgiving. Since on Thanksgiving it's mostly family and a lot of friends can't make it...I had a "Leftover Party" the day after Thanksgiving last year. All my friends that wanted to brought over all their leftovers and it served two purposes...1) got rid of tons of food that might have gone bad anyway; 2) got to see friends that couldn't make it on Thanksgiving because they were with family. There were more people at the party than at my Thanksgiving dinner and we had a lot more fun.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:47 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• You can use the mashed potatoes for a shepherd's pie as well. Cut the turkey up and add mixed veggies and a couple of cans of cream of (whatever) soup with a little S&P, top with the mashed potatoes and heat in the oven. Serve with any kind of salad (green, fruit, etc.) & rolls.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:07 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i used to just put it all inbetween some bread with a little cranberry & gravy....when all combined, it makes a damn good sanwitch...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:08 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I'm combining the turkey and gravy then having it over the mashed potatoes
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 8:56 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• We like to take some leftover turkey and cut it up into bite sized pieces. Then you mix that in a baking dish with stuffing of your choice. Add gravy. Cook in the oven until warmed up and serve with more gravy and some bread rolls. It is a turkey casserole that is really easy and really good.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 8:56 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Mix gravy and sour cream in a separate bowl and set aside. Layer torn up turkey meat into to the bottom of a baking dish. Top with gravy mixture followed by mashed potatoes. Sprinkle the top with crushed ritz and drizzle with butter. Bake on 350 until warm all the way through.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:08 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• *sandwich....
    samurai_chica

• Turkey pot pie I really like it but hubby will not try it, so no go this year.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:27 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• you can freeze mashed potatoes and turkey if you do not want to eat turkey every day - it is what i do!
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:57 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• somewhere recently I saw a turkey taco w/ cranberry salsa recipe. Maybe try to google leftover turkey or leftover Thanksgiving recipes.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 26, 2010