How do you know?

That there is a God and this is how he feels and that the Bible is true without any doubt.

Other than faith or an idea you just really feel strongly about.. I mean how do you really KNOW...

If thats the only logic.. "I just know" or "the Bible says so", couldn't the same be said about anything? Someone could say they believe there's pink unicorns watching over them in the forest and they just know they are there because the have faith. Doesn't mean the pink unicorns are real and most people would think they were nuts.

So how is a god worship any different? OTHER than faith.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well as a Muslim I know God exists because he has left proof. First there are historical records of people like Jesus and Muhammed showing us that they were real people who existed. There is the proof provided by the Qur'an which is so masterfully written in the Arabic language that no other literature has or ever will match the beauty and literary perfection contained within. There are many things described in the Torah, Bible, and the Qur'an which have later been discovered through archeology and science. The Qur'an describes things like human embryology which was unknown at that time, it describes things such as ocean and air currents which were before it's time. There are many things within these sacred texts which provide proof for those who are willing to see it. For some people no matter how much proof is in front of them they will deny something.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 1:24 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Blind faith....

Answer by older at 9:08 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I don't know there is a God, I believe that there is. I understand that my belief isn't based in knowledge and that there is a possibility that my belief is false (although, I doubt that it is).

I actually know that the Bible is not literally true.

In terms of religion - no one knows. Once knowledge is obtained, belief is no longer possible.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:15 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen." For me this is true, I don't need anything other than faith, it's enough for me. But, I can see where you want examples. Here's mine:I pray, short, sweet and to the point -I am not one to spend 45 minutes on one thing. I figure God heard me the first time and I don't like it when my kids keep after me about stuff so why do that to Him? So about 8 years ago hubby and our younger daughter were gone with his friend doing stuff. I felt an undescribable NEED to pray for my husband & daughter, like their lives were in the balance. It was the worst fear I've ever known. I prayed longer & harder than I ever have for them. I was in tears. I found out his friend had veered into the other lane & was a hair away from getting hit by a semi on the passengar side, where they were. The truck's wheel turned "by itself" to go back to the right lane. God was there.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:43 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I don't think you can just know, no one knows, you just believe whats in your heart.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 9:13 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Faith by definition is blind.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:48 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• The definition of 'faith' is--belief that is not based on proof.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• The bible is a guide. I know because it is in my heart. Sit quietly and you will know the answer too, although you may not like it.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:26 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I don't.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:31 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Well I don't believe the Bible is infallible or absolute, but I do believe there is a God because I feel His hand in my life, His presence. I've felt a connection to Him through all of the various religions I have studied, and truly do feel as though I have a connection with Him.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 26, 2010