Parade today in 16 degree weather?!?!

My 3 year old is supposed to be in a parade this evening around 5:30 and the high for today is in the 20s.. right now it is 16! I know I can't keep her sheltered from the cold ALL winter as she loves being outside, but we are all JUST now getting over being sick in this house! IDK what to do. Should I let her do the parade or not?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 9:08 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If she is fever free then I would let her go . Just like any other cold night, bundle her up! Sounds chilly!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:49 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Cold does not make you sick- Bacteria and viruses do. The fresh air would do her some good, just make sure she stays hydrated today, and keep her little fingers covered up for the parade (frost bite hurts so much! and happens so quickly when you're small).
    Just give her a cup of tea or cocoa (or cider! mmm...) to warm her up when you're done.

As soon as my kids are feeling well enough after a cold or bug, I send them OUT to play. Fresh air, activity, its good for the body!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:20 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Can you dress her extra warm? If she doesn't half to walk them bundle her up. Plus being physically cold doesn't make you sick. Staying in doors and sharing all those germs floating around indoors does.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:23 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Cold KILLS bacteria and viruses :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:27 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I agree, the cold might really do her good! I'd just let her do it!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:33 AM on Nov. 26, 2010