Colic past 4 months?

Has anyone experienced colic past four months of age? I know it can last until 6 months but I'd just like to have some reassurance that I'm not the only one. I'm starting to worry theres something wrong with him. So tired of having no life!

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• been there, but mine did stop at 4 months
    however me and her father nearly whorshiped the swing when we got it for her
    white noise-vaccuum in another room but close left on, soft music

and just when you think you can take no more it gets better

hope it is soon!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:18 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• How long has it been? Are ou BF or FF? I didn't BF past 4 months with either, and I supplemented from the beginning as well, just didn't make enough milk. Anyways, my second son ended up being allergic to wheat, which was in everything I ate...causing a very sad and collicky like baby. My first had to be put on Nutramigen for 6 weeks to calm his system down, then went on regular formula, gradually. If you have been switching formulas that also can give them upset systems and cause colic like behavior. Here is my suggestion, if introducing or changing their "milk"...do it gradual. I mixed up 4 cups of formula. Added one new scoop of formula each mixture. So 1 new scoop and 15 of old formula scoops. Then after a couple weeks if they were ok I did it by 2 scoops instead. This allows their system to adjust. Plus then you have bottles mixed for roughly a 24 hr period, giving time for the air to settle out before feeding.....
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:24 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• ...even though you may use a great bottle that vents air out, there could still be some getting in their tummy, causing upset. These were 2 tricks I learned from my momma and gramma....nothing a dr ever told me!!! Plus I found Dr Browns bottles were the best for both my babies, because of the venting system they have. Good luck!!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:26 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• My son had reflux. We medicated him and it went away after 6 months. He had colicky symptoms from that.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:33 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Okay here's a little secret a grandma told me and it was the most amazing thing put a drop of caster oil on his belly button obviously don't feed it to him just a drop on the belly then get a pillow a heat pad and 2 blankies. Put the pillow on your lap then the heat pad on the pillow then blankie one over the heat pad then the baby on his tummy. Then the other blankie then rub his back. It's the most amazing thing. My son was way bad with colic we did this and he was out cold in 5 minutes. Good luck
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 10:17 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• My friends' son had colic that lasted until he was around nine months old.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 AM on Nov. 27, 2010