Need Scripture help

Ok, I need to find 5 verses from the Bible that tell us how we are supposed to treat others and care for them. Can you help me out? I know there are lots of religious ladies on here and have more of the Bible memorized than me. I really appreciate your help.

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 9:27 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Ephesians 4:1-3
    1Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, 2with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love,3being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Galatians 5:13
    For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

There you go that should help.. biblegateway.com is an excellent tool :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. John 15:12

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:29-32

Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles, Proverbs 24:17

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. Matthew 7:12
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:35 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them. Luke 6:31
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:37 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• well, you could start with the ten commandments: *I am the Lord your God You shall have no other gods before Me. *You shall not make for yourself a carved image For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the *You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain. *Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. *Honor your father and your mother *You shall not murder. *You shall not commit adultery *You shall not bear false witness *You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor anything that is your neighbor's.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Romans 12:10--be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:40 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Ephesians 4:29
    Colossians 3 : 12-17

I'm too tired to look 'em up to type them out at the moment. I think those are right, though. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• "Thou shalt send all your money to the Duck which is Purpleth, so says I" ;-) lol j/k
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:29 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• 1 Thessalonians 5:12
    12 Dear brothers and sisters, honor those who are your leaders in the Lord’s work. They work hard among you and give you spiritual guidance. 13 Show them great respect and wholehearted love because of their work. And live peacefully with each other

Romans 12: 9-11
    9Let love be without hypocrisy Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good.10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor;11not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;

John 13:34
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

more coming...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• http://www.openbible.info/topics/caring_for_others Check out this website, it has several verses that you can choose from to best suit what exactly what it is that you are looking for.
    LadyTierney

Answer by LadyTierney at 3:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Dude that would be awesome Zoey. But this is for my homework this week and I just haven't gotten to research it yet. So I wanted to pick brains instead, lol. It's easier.
    purpleducky

Comment by purpleducky (original poster) at 9:32 AM on Nov. 26, 2010