I'm a Sahm we are always soo broke i would like to go back to work but cant afford the childcare....I get so down I think of maybe leaving my husband for someone who could give me a more stable finacial life, I know that sounds terrible but I'm so down....we have so many bills, lucky if we can go food shopping...Thanks for listening

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wow. Just wow. What a slap in the face for your husband! He works his ass off so you CAN be a SAHM and you have the audacity to complain about it? If you want to make more money then go get a job! Daycare is always the biggest challenge but it could be worked out if you tried hard enough. When you start thinking about wanting another man who makes more money consider the fact you would haev to destroy the good situation you have now in order to make that happen. Divorce DH and live on your own for a good long while and then maybe never find that 'perfect man' with the 'perfect income'
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 12:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Times are bad, but remember your vows, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Answer by older at 10:36 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• does your husband work full time? if so he's doing his best to provide for you and your family and talking about leaving him because he's not providing enough just isn't right. i know what you mean about not being able to afford childcare im in the same boat and a sahm as well but i love my hubby for busting his ass working 50 hours a week to keep a roof over our head and food on our table. if he's trying you should appreciate him a little more. maybe come up with a budget or see what kind of public assistance you qualify for to help you guys out while you're in this rough spot.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Could you keep kids in your home? Are your LO's in School so you could work during school hours. Could you get a part time job and use a mother morning out program? Can you cut back on some unnecessary things to make more for food? Pick your indulgences.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• What about getting something part time when he is home with the kids. I have done that before. It was fast food and I hated it but it helped. Good luck.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:37 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• The economy today is so hard. You're not the only one struggling to make end meets because I get to that point also. It will get better but in the mean time count your blessings. Things will start looking up soon. Good luck.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I'm a single mom, so I know it's hard and it's frustrating. Just give it time, it'll get better. Don't throw in the towel yet.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:00 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• You talk about leaving him because he can't provide enough for you financially (btw times are tough for everyone) and looking for someone who makes more money. What makes you think that someone like that would want to take on a wife that already has kids? Not trying to sound cruel, you just have to be realistic.

And childcare is not impossible. See what kind of assistance you might qualify for. It may not be as bad as you think.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

Even if you DID find someone it would take time to date and decide to be married...then the actual waiting to get married. The time in between would be you living on your own with your kids with one income...yours...and some child support. Since you left him Alimony would not be issued. IN FACT you may be paying him. Think you have money issues now? Be a single mom. Then you STILL have no money but you are no longer a SAHM.
    Anonymous

• YOu sound like us except I have to work to to keep us a float! I work 4 days a week from 7am to 2 pm. 2 of the days I work are DH days off. This puts me only playing daycare for 2 days. I found an awesome lady who keeps her those 2 days for 40. I pack her lunch and snacks. We found a way around daycare. We do qualify for daycare assistance money wise but since we only need it 2 days a week we don't. Look into your states requirements.

I don;t think you really want to leave DH! After all he is doing his best to care for you and the kids and finding someone new is easier said than done!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2010