My 13 month old has really bad diarehha ( cant spell it) its yellow & really watery going through clothes etc.. he threw up this morning but he seems fine hes drinking, eating a little dont know if I should wait for it to pass? Cabn a doctor do anything for this?

sissaymay

Asked by sissaymay at 10:53 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just had to go to the hospital for IV hydration for diarrhea and they said not to eat any milk products for at least 2 days after the diarrhea is gone. If you are breastfeeding you can keep breastfeeding. They gave me probiotics to mix in with food. There are probiotics in breastmilk if you are still breastfeeding.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:56 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• When my son was 18 months, (he's 6 now) he had the rotovirus. Was the same exact thing, but he never threw up, no fever, acted totally normal but had the diarhea. Keep him on the fluids as much as possible, my son ended up in the hospital because he got so dehydrated. Best of luck and hope he feels better soon! hugs!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Sounds like rotovirus to me. Get it checked and keep him hydrated. I waited too long & my dd ended up being so dehydrated & had a horrible fever. She had to be hospitalized at 5mths old for it for 3days. Poor baby! Same as tiffany237.
    mercy928

Answer by mercy928 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• The doctor would tell u to keep the child hydrated with pedialyte or gatorade. Does he he have a fever? write back message me.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:56 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Since he is 13 months I am assuming he probably recently switched to cows milk? Just asking because it sounds alot like what was going on with my son shortly after switching from formula to milk. Same diarrhea you described and a little bit of spotting up/vomiting. That could be a factor OR it could just be that nasty tummy bug that seems to be going around EVERYWHERE. We are all just getting over it! Never hurts to ask the doctor though
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• When in doubt ask the doctor, as many times as it takes, hope your baby feels better soon!

Answer by older at 11:04 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• He's been on milk for 2 months now so I don't think thats it, no fever, he's playing to.....my 3yr old had something similar & it passed in 3 days , but thank you for your advice, I will make a trip to CVS & pick some up pedialite. Thank you everyone
    sissaymay

Comment by sissaymay (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• U R welcome!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2010