Best way to make a GREAT turkey?

I want a turkey that doesn't give you cotton mouth when you eat it and tastes better than a mix of cardboard and lunch meat. Okay, let's just say that the turkey this year for Thanksgiving was at an all time low (I didn't cook it). I want to make a great one for Christmas. What is the best way you have ever cooked a turkey?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 11:09 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Everything you need to know for perfect turkey:

Romancing the Bird pt 1

Romancing the Bird pt 2

Romancing the Bird pt 3

Romancing the Bird pt 4

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:14 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Brine it for 24 hours before you cook it. Makes the most amazingly moist turkey you've ever had. I've gotten rave reviews every year since I started brining.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 1:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Buy it from honeybaked hams stores!!!!

Answer by older at 11:13 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I made a small 10lb turkey and I did it in my slow cooker like I do most years. Just rinse and clean the turkey like normal, put it in the slow cooker, stuff it and toss in some celery and onion chunks. I also sprinkle with sage and rosemary. I turned it on low at around 10pm the night before and when I got up it was done and so tender. Only problem is it completely falls apart, lol. All the bones just fell out. But it's worth it for the melt in your mouth (and I mean that almost literally) turkey. I did it like that when my 4yo was 7 months and she was able to eat the turkey without doing anything special with it (she fed herself). It's so tender and juicy,
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I've always cooked mine in a Reynold's oven bag. Always moist. People who have never eaten with us before always say it is the best they've ever tasted.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:40 AM on Nov. 27, 2010