Anyone else on the Atkins diet?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• No, but I have been and I swear this is the best diet in the world if done right.

Answer by older at 11:19 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Atkins is very unhealthy and most people gain the weight back X2 in the long run. It's not a healthy, natural way to eat. You need a BALANCED diet, which Atkins obviously is not! Every health professional I talked to about it said that they would strongly suggest NOT using that diet. Regular exercise and healthy eating is the only real way to lose weight and keep it off permanently!
    Debi73

Answer by Debi73 at 1:59 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• No one should be on the Atkins diet. Any diet that eliminate either carbs, proteins or fat completely is not a good diet. The optimum diet is one with high protein, medium carbs and low fat. If you have a diet that completely eliminate any one of the three, you will lose weight but the minute you start to add it back...BOOM...there you go right back up like a balloon. Atkins is the worse diet in the world. I use to be a fitness instructor and whenever one of my students or clients asked about this diet or was on this diet...I would work my hardest to try to get them off. Besides what I have mentioned, long term users of the Atkins diet have also been found to have higher incidents of heart related problems later on.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:27 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• My mom and uncle used it. My mom used it until she got depressed AND she platued. My uncle is still on it and loves it.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2010