How do I get more traffic to my website?

I seriously need to make more money I am behind on every bill do to my s/o being laid off for almost a year. I only get paid $9 an hour and his income is pretty much going to child support. I'm not complaining at all about that his girls need that money to be taken care of. He brings home ruffly $150 every two weeks doesn't help much. IF anyone has any answers I would be your best friend forever...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• You need to have your website optimized for search engine optimization or otherwise search engines won't find it. In addition, you need to advertise. Join Merchant Circle, join LinkedIn, set up a Facebook and Twitter fan page, get some business cards, do direct mail.

If you would like other tips on how to grow your business, feel free to join my CM business networking and support group Mommy Movers & Shakers.

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• You need to get out and do some networking.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:30 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• What type of website is it? Do you sell items or offer services? I would need more info in order to give you accurate advice.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:36 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I sell gourmet mixes and craft items. Just started out on the crafts so thats not up and running yet but the other one is and it seems like NO ONE pays attention to it at all
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Do you have home parties to help sell the gourmet mixes? Have you tried listing your website on craigslist. Or you could do an ad on Facebook, you set the price and who the ad targets.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:42 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Have you submitted your site to google so that it can be found when people search? If you make the items yourself you can also sell on http://www.etsy.com/and get more people looking.  I haven't had good luck with anything on craigslist so I try to avoid it like the plague, but it is an option.  Also, to help you make more from your site you can install google ads if you don't mind ads on your site (I personally don't like them and don't have them on any of mine).  Add your website link to your email signature line so that when you respond in groups (like yahoo or google) people will know about it.  I'm sure there are also groups on here where you can advertise your business.  Good luck!

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• You can sell gourmet mixes at local craft fairs and with holiday parties they would be more popular right now.....table space at mot church and school craft fairs is roughly $15-$55 depending on how popular and large the show is. And be sure toput a flyer in every bag with your website and specials.

Contact other direct selling ladies in your area (such as avon reps, partylite, etc) and offer to supply them with free gourmet mixes for their parties if they give our a flyer to those that come to their shows or order from them.

Host a party yourself. Have a Christmas Open House, advertise it on any local mom sites or local online calendars, family and friends.....see if any other local direct selling ladies want to supply decor or candles for your party that they can sell....in other words help each other out.

Put your web addy on all e-mail siggies, message board siggies, a window decal for the car, etc
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• The content of your question doesn't say anything about the website you need traffic to? I don't understand what your question is? How to make extra money or how to drive traffic to a business you have online? Or neither? Do you have a website?
    Crisbella

Answer by Crisbella at 1:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2010