Is it possible to fall in love with someone even though you have had minimal physical contact?

I have friend who I would consider my best friend because we talk or chat online daily and he is always encouraging me, honest with me, and he and I share a lot of the same ideas. He knows about my life and I know about his life, and we talk about our dreams, our children, things in our lives that suck, basically everything. We have a connection deep enough that even based on our emails we can tell when something is not right with the other.

Because we are both so busy and things are hectic and we wanted to start out slow and we both so unsure this is the easier way for us keep in touch because he has kids and does a lot with them and he works 2 jobs and is always busy and I have 3 kids and I do a lot with them and I work full time and school full time, getting together is tricky and we don't wanna expose the kids to things yet either so that is why this is the best way for us to get to know each other right now. However we both really want to see where things will go and want to figure out times to meet up more often but it is all very hard. Honestly I could see myself falling in love with him but yet I keep trying to tell myself I am not because it is safer that way, but is it even possible with such limited physical interaction?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• My fiance and I started out as friends when I was in a bad relationship. We started chatting online and he was someone who was there for me and dint judge me. I totally fell in love with him long before we were ever intimate.
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Yes, you can fall in love first. It is better to fall in love with a friend and wait until much later,after a commitment,to have a physical relationship. Then you get to know each other and find out if you are compatible before sex. People who have sex first are making a mistake.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• yes i totally i agree you can fall in love with someone with no physical contact much good luck i hope it works out for you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Absolutely!   I met my dh while I was on holiday in England.   We had two wonderful weeks together before I had to return home to Canada.  All we had was snail mail but he came to visit me 6 months later and that was when we fell in love.  We've been happily married for 22 years.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2010