Cookbook for all your favorite recipes or Recipe Box?

I use cookbooks...You?

Queenofscrap

Asked by Queenofscrap at 12:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm super fancy. I have all my recipes folded up and shoved in a plastic bag. It's nearly impossible to find the right one quickly.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I have about 90 cookbooks (counted last at 70 and I've got a lot more since...) and two boxes of cards. I add cards to the box from library cookbooks, friends' recipes and things I find in the newspaper, or online (or make up and like).

I keep buying new cookbooks because I find the whole range so interesting --some because they're old (my oldest on is from 1904, and it includes washing up instructions like 'drive knives into the ground to clean and sharpen' as well as the sand-scrub for pans...) some because they're weird (roadkill recipes, cooking on a boat) and others because I actually cook those kinds of foods (Rachel Ray, James Barber, Lorna Sass).

I have an attention span issue: I HATE knowing that a week from next Tuesday we'll be eating X because it's Tuesday. I don't care what day it is... I want variety. So we eat Indian, Mexican, Greek, North African, Dutch, Japanese... and try new ingredients all the time.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I use the Taste Of Home Magazines for recipes. Great ones in them. Inexpensive and easy to make. I have some cookbooks too but rarely use them.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 12:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I have a recipe book for our all time favorite recipes. It was my Grandma's before mine.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Well, I collect cookbooks- but rarely use them! lol (I collect rare ones, for other reasons).

I have a 3 ring binder that I keep family recipes in, and lots of baked goods recipes that I have acquired over the years.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:31 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I do use cook books. My favorite is one my aunt put together and published for Christmas gifts a few years back. It has all of our wonderful family recipes in it , and i treasure it. However , as i found my self searching and printing recipes off of " All recipes " the other day , i couldn't help but notice I'm referring back to my old cook books less and less..and maybe that's a bad thing ?

sulkygirl79

Answer by sulkygirl79 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• recipe box but I do have a few recipe books
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Cook Books
    Rachel Ray,Cooking with the Neelys that I won on Cafemom
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i use both...a box with hand written recipes, and a couple of books with some hand written recipes on the blank pages from my grandmother and I also have a pocket folder with printed and hand written recipes in it...

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 7:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I have over a hundred cook books but only use a few. The joy of cooking, Mastering the Art of French cooking, The joy of cheese cake, Fanny Farmer Baking book, most of my extra recipes are from Alton Brown. I have them printed out and in my JOy of cooking.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2010