Black Friday...Did you see any fights or arguments?

If I had the money I still would not shop on this day. People tend to get greedy and it just isn't worth the stress and aggravation.
Did you see any fights or arguments? I hope everyone had a safe and happy shopping experience. PEACE!

horsesteelers

Asked by horsesteelers at 12:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• I've worked the last five Black Fridays (thank god not this year!) I have had nightmares and refuse to shop on this day. My first year, I was working the register and watched an old lady get trampled by a bunch of greedy woman. She had to go the hospital but my manager was really kind and told her that if she would like too she can come back and we would give her the Black Friday deals.
    My second and third years I had very rude costumers, impatient with the lines, I was going to slow for them (omg like I was even awake enough to deal with their selfish mad house)
    Fourth year was awesome. I was working for a computer store and we had a HUGE discount on external hard drives that for some reason were not ringing up right on the register. When ever we had a costumer with one we would tell them "Don't worry you will get the discounted price, the register...

CONT.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I have never seen any issues the last few years that I have gone. I think people have a preconceived notion that people are getting trampled. People are ripping things out of other people's hands, and that is just not the case. People I have encountered are friendly and helpful. Can you run into a rude person sure, just as you might any other day of the year.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:18 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• just isn't working right so we have to fix the price." Most costumers would nod their head and say "thats fine" and then would FLIP out because as soon as we rung it up it wasn't the "advertised" price. And this was right after we explained what was going on. I was cussed at by several people, spat on by one costumer, and had several items thrown at me by one man who then tried to hit me... awesome.
    And last year I had to help break up and sort out more then one fight caused by people stealing things from other costumer's baskets...

SOOOO happy and thankful i didn't have to work this year. I got to sleep in and miss out on the madness.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:56 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Oh, all of these were different stores, different locations and last year completely different state so no it wasn't the "area" that I was in.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2010