Love with your heart or your head?

People always say you need to love with your heart or with your head. I am not sure which is right or if there is a perfect combination. I often feel like I put my heart out there and allow it to get hurt by doing that, but I am at a point where I don't wanna have any regrets and wish I had after the fact. It is all a bit confusing and I am sure it depends on circumstances.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• They are both fine as long as you lead with a shotgun
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• ^^^
    ditto
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• In the event that you can get your head to stop thinking, or your heart to stop feeling, you'll probably be able to pick one or the other --but since they're both connected (more than you know), you're kind of stuck with 'all of the above.'

The problem arises when you don't trust yourself: when you think 'uh-oh, something's wrong here' and talk yourself out of it just because you can't explain it (you're overriding the wisdom of your brain, and your ability to know more than you think you do). When you feel oogy or uncomfortable for 'no reason' or you also feel aroused and grinning, you ignore an important part of your body's wisdom and ability to put together a more complex reality than is easy to sort through.

Example: the little boy who is now being hailed as a Hero because of his composure while being held hostage at knifepoint. It's wasn't composure, it was trauma-induced paralysis: he couldn't move or struggle or yell.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Love with your heart but lead with your head.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 12:31 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i dont know but i think you can love with both im not sure
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I agree with bellsandheels.
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 3:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i think the head and the heart work in sync with each other.. even though one always leads imo.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• think with your head, love with your heart.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:42 AM on Nov. 29, 2010