The TSA Agent accused of kidnap and sexual assault had a prior record of stalking and harrassment from 2001!

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/25911785/detail.html

When I first posted about this TSA Agent many people said it had nothing to do with him being a TSA Agent, and how could the TSA have known?  Perhaps they could have checked his criminal history.  He pleaded guilty to NINE charges of harrassment and stalking in Jan. 2001.

How safe is the travelling public when the TSA is hiring stalkers?

SuperChicken

Asked by SuperChicken at 12:19 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Like I said before. Not surprised... and there will be many more "incidents" before any of this is resolved.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:21 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Well, then the TSA needs to update their website and employment qualifications, as they state that applicants will be fingerprinted and have a be subjected to a background check--clearly this is NOT true!!

TSA Jobs

Be at least 18 years old Be proficient in English Have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent; OR Have at least one year of full-time work experience in security work, aviation screener work, or X-ray technician work.

*** You must also pass a pre-employment drug screening test and a background investigation, including a criminal check and a credit check.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• What do you expect when they are advertising on pizza boxes for agents? As long as the investors in the scanning machines make money, safety is of no concern.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Wow. I feel safer already.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• or would that be more safe? Ah, well, you get the point.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I was already concerned about this.. my thoughts were what if pedophiles are hired and they check the children... euwwwwwwwwww!
    So yeah It crossed my mind which is why I am not liking the pat down procedures either but what about those in the scanners.. they are just getting more porn in their day Blah!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I'm not flying again until the TSA rescinds their latest "security measures." It's bullshit and is an invasion of privacy. How extensive of a background do they do on these people or anyone else, for that matter?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 7:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• It's not security, it's a shopping mall for rapists.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:21 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Disgusting..yeah it sure is about our safety :eyeroll:
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:34 AM on Nov. 27, 2010