I'm having nightmares about this!

I'm back in college and I've been doing really well. I'm general an A & B student. The only class that is kicking my ass is Algebra. I passed Algebra 1 by the skin on my teeth and Algebra two...first I had to withdrawal because if not I was going to fail and the 2nd time, I got an F so basically I did fail that one and it affect my awesome GPA so bad that I decided to take this semester off. I'm getting back on it again come January but I don't know what to do to learn this crap. I've tried tutoring, books, etc. Does anybody have any suggestions/methods/tools on how to learn this stuff so it will stick?

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in

• Take a look at the subject from a different direction.

For many people, the pure cerebral function doesn't make any sense: the way it's presented is random and unrelated to how it works and what it's for. So, if you take the other tack, of starting with the history of how it was invented (simultaneously by 2 different people, working completely independently!) and what problems it was solving... including researching how people used to figure out those problems without that tool, perhaps you will find that it makes a lot of sense.

I found out, long after high school, what differential calculus was invented for: now I understand what all those numbers and letters meant, because I finally 'got' what they were for. They were no longer unrelated facts hanging freely in the air...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• It took 3 attempts for me to pass College Algebra. The difference in my 3rd attempt was the professor. Try to talk with the other students to see who they would recommend.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2010