a question on racism.....

Since it has been on hot topic on here and everywhere for the past couple weeks I am just curious....I have been called racist for not voting for Obama when my reason had nothing to do with his skin color. I am white and I voted for McCain so I am racist. How many black or biracial people voted for McCain? Is Blacks and biracial people who didnt vote for Mccain racist or does that title only go for the white people? Just curious I think racism is going to be thrown around alot in the next few months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Apparently you're only a racist if you vote against a black person. Apparently, black people voting against a white is commended!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Why is that??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• It's probobly that ourselves are not yet to digest on this information. We probably as a nation not ready to make the first steps. It'll take time but it will go away eventually.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I think this is absolutely absurd!! I have heard people (rather seen people) talk about being called racist because they are white and voting for McCain. Really come on now! You gotta do what you feel is right for you and your family. As long as you are not a racist then who cares? You voted for McCain because that was your choice, that is what the whole election process is about, choice. Get over what people say, or think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Years ago in the south if you had one drop of black blood in you, you were considered black. If blacks had one drop of white blood in them they were considered black. Point is racism will always be here in some form or fashion.

People need to start being judged on how they treat others and not by the color of their skin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• As long as people voted for the right reasons then race should have nothing to do it.
    I voted for Obama because I like what he has to offer.
    I do agree that I have heard it a lot myslelf about if you're white and do not vote for Obama it is because you're racist. It may be true in a small percentage of people but I think the majority of people in our country voted for the man they believed in not because of being prejedice.
    I don't care what people think or say. And you shouldn't either.
    And what's up with everyone posting anonymously? If you believe in what you're saying why "hide"?
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Good point BrendaMomof3. Guess I need to check to make sure that the box is not checked for anonymous.

However remember this. it is so much easier to be mean to people online because you don't have to see their face. there are people who think that it is not real interaction.

Heck, I'll even sign my name.

Mary
    Gamom957

Answer by Gamom957 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• IT"S OVER!! LET IT GO!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i figure it will save me from getting all kinds of crap on my page later. I would rather get bashed here than on my page!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• That all was a scare tactic from ignorant ppl so dont worry about what they say just move forward.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 10:09 AM on Nov. 5, 2008