prenatal vitamins

I just found out I'm pregnant, and I'm wondering if there is really a difference between all the prenatal vitamins out there...any suggestions? I won't be able to get into my doc until Monday and I want to start before then...Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just buy some off the shelf until you talk to your doc. Make sure it has folic acid in it
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 12:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I actually just used flinstones and a Folic suppliment. (I puked up the others). But no there's not really a big difference in the supermarket brands.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i used the flinstones since all the others made me sick! but they r pretty much all the same i would think! congratz!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• CONGRATS!!!! My doc said to make sure whatever one I decided to take had at least 800mg of folic acid, that was the only specification...GL!!! :)
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 5:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• 800mg of Folic acid - the rest is up to you. I was going to get centrum silver chewables for seniors, and get 400 mg of folic acid suppliment, because the taste and size of vitamins make me want to vomit. But that would have been about 18 dollars a month... I decided on the free ones, and take my chances with throwing up... lol
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 6:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• folic acid main thing they have alot of store brand prenatals
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2010