Is anybody else broke today!

Every year I get so frusterated on Black Friday. Its at the end of the month and I have no money!

mommytoJames512

Asked by mommytoJames512 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Shopping

• Super broke..but Monday is payday :) and All i am doing is shopping online for Xmas
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• close enough to broke, but we've got a lot to show for it you could say :)
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Broker than broke lol Monday is payday for me too
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 1:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I won't get paid until Wednesday.
    mommytoJames512

Comment by mommytoJames512 (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I know...I plan for it though, save and I got my vacation pay from work this week, lol...I was ready...now I need more money so I can shop till Christmas...so much to do and get:)
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 1:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Oh yeah!

But only of 'regular' money.

Every year, we buy bonds (payroll deduction) to pay for our car insurance and for Christmas. So, while I'm out of 'budget money' for real life, I can already shop for Christmas because I cashed them three days ago.

As the lovely sign on a restaurant in Las Vegas says: No Credit... you knew yesterday that you'd have to eat today.

Now... for next year: you know when Black Friday is, yes? It's not going to move, right? Neither is Christmas, right? Save $91/month from January 1 to November 1 and you, too, will have $1000 to spend.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I actually saved money, to go shopping today and well... I figured what is the point? I will just continue saving up for next month to Christmas shop. Plus I got to sleep in until 9:30.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 1:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Yeah I had no money to go shopping today either. We had some unexpected bills come up and had to get those paid before I could shop, but I really don't mind this year...I am way to pregnant to care about fighting crowds! lol
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Its not possible to save money. We get paid on the 1st and by the 2nd we are broke from all the stupid bills.
    mommytoJames512

Comment by mommytoJames512 (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• We are always broke. My hubby starts a new job Monday, and we will make the 1200 mile move after New Years to join him. But my babies have one present each from us, that I bought a long time ago when they were clearanced out. My 1 yr old and 2 yr old will be happy with that. Plus the grandparents have more than enough toys and new clothes already bought for them.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2010