Would you rather someone talked to you about God and Jesus?

If you wanted to know about God and Jesus would you rather them be like a lamb, kind and nice about it, or would you rather them come at you like a raggeing bull. Would you rather they talk to you about the Bible in a nice manner, or would you rather they keep sticking to what they say over and over, I am a Jehovahs Witness, and I am sure most of you know this by now. Someone doesn't understand why I don't argue or be firm anymore. They think I have added to and taken from Gods word, do you? I would like honest answers on my behavior. Now that I don't argue or be stubborn anymore?

Freda01

Asked by Freda01 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh and to answer your question Freda. When I first encountered you on here you were more of the raging bull and were driving people away. I am glad to say your behavior and actions have changed and are now a fine representation of what it means to be Christ-like. You are doing far more for your faith with your compassion and patience then others do with their forceful words and actions. Your positive actions will surely bring people to your faith.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• If someone asks me for advice, I quote directly from the Bible. My memory isn't always the greatest and I wouldn't want to misdirect someone, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I have to say that I have no problem talking to people about their beliefs, even if the conversation gets a little heated. I do like being told that I am wrong for what I believe or that I am going to Hell because of it.

As long as you are not forcing your beliefs on me and you can have a conversation with give and take I am okay with that. If a person just wants to talk and not listen then I would rather not talk to that person.

Hope what I am saying makes sense.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• yes, you make sense cornflkegirl3, but someone I'm not quite sure, in the same faith, has really hurt me by saying that I have taken away and added to Gods words., IKNOW BETTER THAN THAT!! When I talk to someone and they are asking about something, I always look in my Bible before I answer. I'd rather be nice and say what I have to say without all the drama! Ya know what I mean? I think it's nice to share things from our Bible any Bible(except Satanic) with each other. I don't think that God would want be to be an aggresive and angry person. So, I try to be polite, and get my point across.
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 9:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You know I can even understand being bold in your answer, but not in a rude way. Yes, stand up for what you believe in! But, don't get into a big arguement about it. I don't think God would want us to do that, but I do think he'd want us to be bold in what we say; like sticking to what you do believe in and know to be a fact! Still though I'd rather explain or tell someone somthing in a nice way instead of being a sourpuss!
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Being kind and polite in one's answers certainly draws more people towards Christ than being "bull-like" about it which often drives people away. When sharing the word of Christ it is best to take on a christ-like stance and manner with discussions. You can certainly be bold and strong in your answers without offending others, it is merely a matter of how you word your answers. There is a huge difference when saying "Jesus is the way" and saying "In my belief it says Jesus is the way". Many times simply adding the predecessor of "My belief says" can avoid many arguments and open the discussion to learning about another's beliefs in a respectful manner.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I really think the intention behind ones words speaks the loudest, no matter what is being said or how it's being said. Someone can totally go nuts-so on me about their faith, but if I can see their intention is to prove something to themselves or they are fearful I will see that and not think of them as arrogant. While on the other hand one could be talking about their religion with a golden tongue, sweet and softly, but if their intention behind that is to "plant seeds" , I can see that too. Just my opinions based on my  own experiences. So I'm saying if one always speaks with good intentions, what they are saying will be received as such

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 11:02 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• FishingMama reminds me of a saying, "The loudest mouths usually have the least to say." Freda I think your tolerance, understanding and compassion speak MUCH louder for your faith then shoving it down peoples throats like a medicine they don't want. You're much more likely to get people to listen closer when you speak softly. :)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Thank you Serafyna for such kind words. May God be with you and Bless you!!!
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Personally, I'd rather not hear any of it from another person. If I want to know about it I will seek it out. Then I am choosing the person to "inform" me.
    Anonymous