Hypothetically... (1)

If your daughter came up to you and told you she was having sex and wanted to be on birth control what would you do/say/think.

Everyone always says they want their daughter to be honest and jsut ask but really, how would you react?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Depending on her age I over 16 I would talk to her about babies and that if you are not ready to raise on you should not be doing something that can create one. I would than tell her that I care more about her health and wellbeing though then having a power struggle over sex. I would get her birth control and condoms and talk to her about STDs and how important it is to always use a condom. If she is under 16 well it would depend on all the variables in the situation such as were she is doing this, how old the boy is and so on.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 1:31 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• take her to get on the pill
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 1:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• She's already on BC.
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 1:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I am so ready for it...I think teens do things and regret the things they do...I did...why make their decisions to communicate with her parents even scarier than they already are. We have open communication in our home to a flaw sometimes but I can say one thing...my daughters are not afraid to tell us anything.
    In fact my 15 yr old came to me a month ago and sat DH and I down and announced she was pregnant. We looked at each other and said "Well we will have to find a second crib and the baby can use our babies swing and stuff. So who is the daddy?" (our LO is 6 months old) She started to cry because it was a joke, she was just wanting to see how we would react and because we did it the way we did she was relieved to know that she had nothing to ever be afraid of. BTW: She said she hasn't even turned her V-card in to anyone yet so not to worry she is still a virgin.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 3:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2010